Friday 12 October 2012

My Bid to Make it to the 2013 Digital Parents Conference


I’ve discovered something about myself recently. It’s probably not a revelation for my readers but here it is – I’m loving blogging. In fact, I don’t even really know how I got myself started but it just happened and, not to be all full of myself or anything, but the Blog, businesses involved and the lovely readers seem to be growing at a rapid rate. What started off as a bit of fun, and a way to get my brain into gear again – (so that it doesn’t turn into a mushy space that only thinks about sleep and poo) has really got me motivated and excited about a new avenue in my life and new opportunities.

I’ve been watching people on Twitter, Facebook and beyond at the ProBlogger Conference in Melbourne with envy. And now I’m looking into the next big thing coming up and it’s the Digital Parent’s Conference in Sydney.

It’s on the 20th of March (157 days away) for 2 days. It is an amazing opportunity to learn new things about the blogosphere and network with businesses and bloggers. It is the biggest social media event that caters for mums, parents and personal blogging communities.

Here is the roadblock: It’s $350. That’s not including flight costs and accommodation. It might not seem like much but really, I’m not making much (if anything) from Blogging yet. And we’ve just built a new home, one wage, etc etc. You know how it is.

So if you’re a loyal reader or a business or brand and want to donate, or even better yet, sponsor my whole trip then I would be ever so grateful. Businesses/brands, I will wear your t-shirts, talk your talk and walk your walk at the Conference if you sponsored me. I would blog, tweet, Facebook you for a month before, during and after the event. I’ll pretty much do anything within the rules – I just want to get there.

As for readers – I’ll keep doing what I do, and as my networking gets bigger, so too will the Blog, the giveaways, the free printables and so much more. I have big dreams for the Blog. Let me tell you.

So I don’t want to call this begging, or a plea. It’s none of that. It’s just my bid to you. Letting you know where I’m at and where I want to go with School of Mum. If you want to help me you can email me at schoolofmum@gmail.com or comment below and I’ll be in touch. Thanks!

Angela East
@School of Mum

No comments:

Post a Comment